The key to sustained growth for your medical practice is a well-organized marketing campaign. Ideally, you need a robust, multi-media initiative that illustrates your commitment to providing the highest quality of care to your patients. Developing a comprehensive marketing plan like this may seem like an intimidating undertaking for some physicians, especially those who lack experience or those who are busy overseeing a new practice. Below are10 tips to help you streamline and improve your medical practice marketing.Click To Tweet
Identify a point person to oversee your marketing efforts.
Designating a single person to coordinate your marketing initiatives is the most important step you can take to organize your marketing strategy. Failure to designate a primary point of contact to coordinate your practice’s marketing strategies can result in delays and diffusion of responsibility among staff. There are two ways to streamline your marketing efforts:
- Entrust a member of your staff with the task of managing your campaign
- Enlist the help of an experienced healthcare consulting firm to handle your marketing activities
Give your website a facelift.
Your website is the single best tool in your marketing arsenal. Accordingly, you should make every effort to keep it sharp and attractive to prospective patients. In particular, you should make sure that your website has the following:
- An eye-catching layout
- A well-organized format that is easy to navigate
- Pages that take no longer than two or three seconds to load
- Case studies or stories about satisfied patients
- Current content that is helpful to patients
- A clear description of your services
- A means of contacting your practice, scheduling an appointment or booking a live online video consultation
Capture visitors’ attention with a combination of media.
Prospective patients vary greatly in their responses to marketing tactics. Some respond to advertisements on television and the radio, while others may learn about your practice by seeing one of your ads in a magazine or newspaper. However, the majority of prospects will turn to the internet to conduct a search, making it critical for your website to capture their attention through a multi-media approach that includes the following:
- Informative written content about the specific eye conditions you treat
- Photos of your facility and the devices you use to treat patients
- Educational videos detailing the procedures you provide
Attend annual professional meetings.
Professional organizations typically host annual meetings for their members. In addition to covering best practices and new treatments, these professional meetings often feature exhibitors who specialize in marketing for physicians and surgeons. As you network with these specialists, are making valuable contacts with professionals who are well-versed in developing marketing strategies for medical professionals.
Highlight case studies of satisfied patients.
Case studies that highlight the treatment experiences of specific patients are a superb addition to your practice’s website. They enhance your reputation as an accomplished ophthalmologist and help to earn the trust of new patients who are nervous about receiving medical care. As you prepare patient case studies, you should make sure to include the following:
- Testimonials from satisfied patients who reference your high quality of care
- Before and after photos of patients
- Patient stories which highlight the specific ways that your care has improved their daily lives
[button link=”http://yondo.com./medical.html” type=”big” newwindow=”yes”] Instantly Start Your Own All-In-One Online Medical Platform[/button]
Feature your areas of expertise.
Doctors and surgeons typically work with specific types of patients or treat specific conditions or diseases. You can communicate your area of expertise through posts on your website and through networking with other professionals in your specialty.
Spotlight your latest and greatest medical devices.
Featuring photos of your facility and medical devices on your website is an excellent marketing tool because it illustrates your commitment to patient care. For instance, an ophthalmologist may choose to invest in state-of-the-art surgical microscopes, electro-surgical units, and procedure tables. A plastic surgeon may wish to showcase his or her new liposuction machine or laser.
Ask your patients for feedback.
Do not ignore the vital role that patient feedback can play in helping you enhance your marketing strategy and overall patient satisfaction. Brief questionnaires and short phone interviews are effective means of obtaining the following information:
- The patient’s overall level of satisfaction with care they received
- Positive and negative aspects of the patient’s experience at your center
- Feedback regarding a patient’s willingness to serve as a reference for you
Conduct a comprehensive review of your marketing campaign at least once a year.
Reviewing your marketing campaign to assess its impact will help you determine which strategies have been effective and which initiatives need work. Be sure to review results in conjunction with expenditures to best assess the return on your investment.
Enlist the support of an industry expert.
A surefire way to design a strategic marketing platform for your medical practice or surgery center is to seek the guidance of a professional healthcare consulting firm. Because not all healthcare marketing firms are created equal, you should make sure to choose a specialist with the following attributes:
- Years of industry experience in healthcare marketing
- A list of satisfied physicians who have expanded their practices with the firm’s guidance
- The ability to educate doctors and surgeons about the long-term benefits of a well-constructed marketing campaign
Clearly, there is a plethora of ways to help your medical practice become your community’s most trusted resource for high-quality medical care. With the help of the marketing tips above, you can help your practice flourish.