There are a lot of moving parts in developing and presenting a webinar. The software you’ll use to hold the webinar, the email marketing, the ads you run to acquire new attendees – it’s a lot to juggle – but at the top of that list is the actual visual presentation of the information that will be included in the webinar.A great template is one of the building blocks of a great webinar!Click To Tweet
There are a number of ways to create a template for your webinars or online presentations, from creating something simple and straightforward from scratch to downloading a template from one of several sites that offer them. Here are some tips to help you get started.
Creating Templates for Webinar Presentations
The easiest and least expensive option is to create your own template. You can create these in PowerPoint or Keynote depending on which platform you use. Both software tools offer a number of templates out of the box, or you can create your own by adding logos or updating key images. Here are some things to keep in mind when doing this:
- Branding – Ensure each slide is branded with a logo or image of your company. Also, the colors of the presentation should probably match your company or the layout of the content you are presenting.
- Slide Rhythm – A good presentation will break up text carefully over several slides, add images liberally to visualize key concepts and allow for time to ask questions. White space and discussion time is important to allow your attendees to ask questions or update their notes.
- Legible and Actionable – Use a clear, easy to read font at a good size. Assume some people have smaller screens or slower connections as well. Every 2-3 slides should have a good actionable item on it as well to underscore your presentation.
Downloading Presentation Templates for Your Webinars
If you want to save some time and download a template that already matches the key elements mentioned above, there are several sites from which to do so. Here are a few of them to get you started:
- ThemeForest/GraphicRiver – This is run by Envato, a company that offers marketplaces for template content in graphics, website files, and presentation themes. There are thousands of options in the marketplace.
- AuthorStream – This site is home to hundreds of presentation templates across numerous different themes, ensuring you’ll find something that fits your webinar’s topic.
- CreativeMarket – Another theme marketplace that also offers photos, fonts, and other design elements, CreativeMarket is a good place to find high end themes for your webinar.
The key to a good webinar is a solid presentation that effectively conveys information and looks professional. If you use these wisely you’ll have just that and can ensure high engagement rates throughout.