As a fitness trainer and instructor, your ability to help clients and build your business is directly related to the amount of time you have available each week. For this reason, it’s harder to provide direct, one-to-one attention to those who request it.
A good fitness trainer is almost like a friend; able to comfort and motivate at the same time. Click To TweetThis is needed in order to achieve the desired goals. But when you’re working in a gym, where most of the times, more than one person requires your attention, it’s very difficult to achieve such a degree of involvement.
One solution would be to work with people in their homes, but that brings with it a whole host of other logistical headaches. When you need to scale and offer better solutions for the people you work with, how do you do it?
Fortunately, technology has a potential solution. If you’ve ever used video chat tools to talk with your parents or a friend from college halfway across the country, you know how easy it is to connect with anyone in any corner of the world. Why not use the same technology to form a vital new pillar of your fitness training business? Yondo offers all the tools to do just that – keep reading to learn how they can be used for your specific business to help it grow.
Yondo is a video eCommerce platform that allows both individuals and businesses to create and sell Video on Demand library access, webinars and group classes, and live 1-to-1 coaching sessions online. With a video store, scheduling tools, video conferencing system, and a payment gateway all built-in to the tool, there are a number of ways that Yondo can help you scale your online fitness studio through video.
This will help you kick-start your business significantly faster than using any physical environment, but without compromising the quality of your service and the personal interaction with your customers. In this guide we’re going to discuss exactly how Yondo can provide these benefits to you and your growing fitness training business from the comfort of your home or studio.
How Yondo Helps Fitness Businesses Grow
Video conferencing is not new technology. It’s been available for many years, but for much of that time, it was not enough alone to drive online business. Entrepreneurs such as yourself needed other pieces of software and additional tools to handle the business side of things – the class and session scheduling, the actual payment collection, etc.
What sets Yondo apart and why it’s become such a good option for those in the fitness coaching industry, is that it allows you to do all of this in a single tool, cutting down on the time, effort and cost needed to run your business online through video.
What exactly can Yondo do for your online fitness studio business? Here are some of the benefits offered by the software:
Create a Branded Online Fitness Store
In your branded store you can sell Video on Demand access, Live 1-to-1 Sessions and group training to people wherever they happen to be. Specifically, this means you can use:
- Video on Demand for Recorded Training – With Video on Demand you can offer fitness training videos, workout series, and any other content that can be presented as prerecorded for your clients. If someone needs professional guidance but not necessarily hands on help, this is a great way to offer your services.
- Live 1-to-1 Sessions – This is where Yondo can really help you expand your fitness training business. Without needing to be in the gym or go to someone’s home, you can offer live 1-to-1 training sessions directly through Yondo. These sessions can be easily organized with the calendar and booking system, allowing customers to book directly with you through your website or through a widget you can embed in your emails. The live interaction of these sessions allows you to provide hands-on guidance that previously would have only worked in person.
- Group Training and Webinars – The Group Training and Webinar tool allows you to host many attendees at a time. This is a perfect fit for introducing new concepts or thought leader branding of yourself or members of your team.
When combined, these three major feature sets allow a fitness training instructor to build their business online more efficiently and without the restrictions that offline training would implement.
Additional Benefits of Yondo for Fitness Instructors
Yondo is designed to make this kind of instruction as straightforward and accessible as possible for you and your clients. Here are some additional benefits to that end:
- Build a Team – Do this using the team member profile features. This makes it easy for you to scale from a solo venture to a larger scale business.
- Schedule Your Activity – The internationally mapped booking system allows customers to directly book training sessions with you.
- Integrate with Your CRM – Utilize CRM for better management of your customer base.
- Collect Payments – Using the integrated Stripe payment gateway, collect payments directly through your online video store.
- Promote Your Content – Use website and email booking plugins to allow your customers to book sessions with you from external sources such as a website or email.
- Control Your Own Content and Pricing – You choose what type of content you want to sell, you decide your pricing and keep 100% of your earnings.
Through Yondo, the goal has always been to make the lives of fitness instructors and other entrepreneurs easier when offering their services online.
How to Start Using Yondo
The Yondo platform allows you to get started almost immediately. Here are the steps for starting your online fitness studio and utilizing the features in the platform:
1. Start your Free Trial with Yondo
You can start today and access Yondo with our 7 Day Free Trial. This will allow you to review the features and start building your store immediately.
2. Brand Your Store
Yondo offers significant opportunities to customize the experience for your users. You will be given access to a number of Store Settings that can change how the store is displayed and how your branding is used throughout the site.
In the Store Settings menu, for example, you can change the layout and setup of your store, add company and personal information related to the brand you will be using, and showcase your specific experience through a portfolio that you can create for yourself or your company as a whole.
The branding elements are important not only for the look and feel of your store as shown above, but for the emails you will be sending and live calls that you will be holding through the 1-to-1 toolset.
Template Options During Store Setup
In addition to the ability to add your company’s branding to the store, you can also choose from a number of templates offered by Yondo to customize the look and feel of your store. Templates are available for both the Video on Demand store and for Live Sessions you will be holding. Depending on the type of content you are producing, the template options change slightly:
Here is a step by step guide for getting your template setup and started so you can launch your online video store on Yondo.
Setting Up a Domain Alias
The default setting in Yondo is to create a subdomain on Yondo. This will create a URL such as yourbrand.yondo.com. There are options, however, to further customize your store’s URL using a domain alias. This will require you to access your Domain Registrar and create a new DNS record that will redirect to Yondo. Once you complete these settings, your store will be accessible through your own custom domain such as www.yourbrand.com.
For a detailed walkthrough of how to setup your general domain settings and how to connect your domain, depending on your domain registration provider, you can review the Yondo documentation for both.
3. Upload Videos to Your Video on Demand Store
Yondo’s Video on Demand features enable you to create a video store where your customers can purchase your video content. This is great for how-to series, introductory fitness concepts, or top-to-bottom courses on different workout routines, nutrition regimens and more.
There are two options for accessing content in the Video on Demand library – either for a limited time through Pay per View or through a monthly subscription that will give them access to all of the library videos you include for as long as they are signed up as a member.
In the Video on Demand library there are a number of options allowing you to customize the video thumbnails, set the preview video and write a description that will be shown on the custom landing page for that video. There are landing pages here for both the library as a whole and each individual video, perfect for your marketing efforts.
The goal of our Video on Demand library toolset is to allow you the flexibility to grow your fitness coaching business online and generate new passive income in the way that best suits what you teach and how you teach it. Learn more about how to set up you Video on Demand Store here.
4. Set up Your Payment Gateway
Yondo includes a seamless Payment Gateway integration allowing you to quickly setup and start accepting credit card payments from your customers. We use Stripe as a payment gateway for Yondo so you’ll need to create an account there and can then start accepting payments right away. Here is how.
After setting up the the payment gateway the checkout process looks like this:
- Purchases are added to a cart – Offering a visually clean display and easy to edit and update layout, the online cart is functional and effective for driving sales. Your customers will have an easy shopping cart available at all times.
- Information is collected – Users must either create a new account or provide contact information during checkout. Returning customers can login to streamline the purchase process. For this particular stage of the checkout, can create custom fields and gather information that will be important to how you present your training or record future video on demand content.
- The payment is collected – Here is where the payment gateway comes in, collecting the customer’s payment information along with the funds that go right into your Stripe account. Customers have an easy payment page available, where they can finalize their purchase.
The setup and implementation process for the payment gateway is streamlined so you can start generating revenue almost immediately after starting your trial with Yondo.
5. Market Your Store
Using the booking system, the email and website booking plugins and your landing pages you can start promoting your content almost immediately. Integrate Yondo with your third party CRM to take advantage of the possibilities that a professional CRM tool can provide. See our existing integrations and stay updated with our blog and support portal for more upcoming guides!
Specifically, you’ll be able to utilize our booking calendar app on your website and in email. The widget provided by Yondo can be embedded and allows users to click and book time with you from any part of your website or from the signature of an email. This allows you to promote your content however works best for you and removes a lot of the barriers to organizing schedules. Here is how to manage your schedule with Yondo’s tools.
Combined with the individual landing pages that are created for every video in your library, every group training or webinar you schedule, and every 1-to-1 session offering, you can promote your content at a number of different levels – opening up numerous marketing opportunities.
Another powerful tool in Yondo is the ability to create custom discount codes that you can distribute through your marketing channels as a means to drive new user growth in your online store. These discount codes can be limited in number or in time and can be managed from your Store Management backend. Here is how to set them up.
6. Organize and Promote Webinars and Group Training
Yondo’s video group training and webinar platform provides an easy way to connect with up to 1000 attendees and organize large-scale, worldwide fitness webinars or trainings. Features such as webinar host, presenter and attendee roles make it easier for everyone to participate.
The registration process is easy for your visitors – all they need to do is click the registration button, found on the event’s landing page, then go through the checkout process we described above. Once registered, they are ready to participate and will receive reminder emails when the date gets close.
All that your customers will need to do to attend is to copy paste a link into their browser. The chat features enable your attendees to communicate to each other or to you, during the event. Your store also creates landing pages for each webinar, which you can use for further marketing. This is how you can set up your webinars as well as how to organize them while the take place.
7. Turn Webinars into Video on Demand
Your webinars may also be recorded, so you can then upload the recording to your video on demand store. This is a great way to generate additional revenue and provide your webinar content to the customers who did not attend.
Because of the nature of live group content, there will always be people who are unable to attend the live recording. This will allow you to provide assistance to those people but also add new content to your video on demand library. Here is how this works.
8. Promote Live 1-to-1 Training Sessions
Using the email and website widgets available, you can easily make your booking calendar accessible to your customers via email or on your website. All you need to do is copy/paste the generated code. Here is how to set up your website “Book Now” widget, as well as your email booking link.
Use the landing pages that your Yondo store creates for each session, to further enhance your promotional activity.
Another major benefit of 1-to-1 training sessions is that they can be sold in Packages through the video store. This feature allows you to sell packages of 2 or more Live 1-to-1 Sessions, such as as 6 week fitness course. You can then promote these packages as offering lower rates if purchased this way rather than as individual sessions. This is is perfect for fitness coaching which typically requires or highly recommends multiple bookings to ensure better results.
9. Organize your Calendar
Set up the time when you are available for online training sessions, so that your customers can then choose the timings that suit them best. The integrated calendar tool is internationally mapped, which means that both you and your customers see your local time.
All you need to do is configure the timeframes when you are available to book fitness training sessions and your customers can immediately make bookings, during the time you set yourself as available. To do this, they can simply click a “Book Now” button or link, choose a date and time then go through the checkout. It’s that easy!
You can sync Yondo to Google Calendar as well, for a more seamless scheduling experience. We have created written and video guides, to help you set up your calendar and sync it to your Google account.
All of these features are the foundation of your success as an online fitness trainer. All you need to do now is invite your current customers to your store and use Yondo’s marketing tools to find more prospects.
10. Streamline the Customer Experience
One of the many goals of Yondo is to streamline the customer experience and remove as many barriers as possible from your customers being able to signup for your group courses, 1-to-1 training sessions, or access to your video on demand library.
To do this, we’ve implemented a number of features designed to make life easier for your users and get them into your store faster. These include:
- Single Sign-On (SSO) – By creating a domain alias and matching your template to your website design and branding, you can make your website and Yondo video store a seamless transition, but for those with login options on their websites, you can take it a step further with single sign-on. This allows you to automatically log users into your Yondo store if they are already logged in to your main website, reducing friction between the two sites. Here is how you can add this feature to your store.
- Start Now Pages – Yondo offers the option to easily convert between phone conversations or in-person meetings and live online sessions using the Start Now functionality. A custom code is given in conjunction with a landing page URL. When the user enters that code on the landing page, they can join your live training session directly. Here are the various methods that your customers can use to join a meeting with you.
These features are designed to make it easier for your customers to access time with you and join sessions without technology getting in the way.
11. Access Data to Build Your Business Further
One of the most important things you can do as a business owner taking their efforts online is collect and use data to inform your decisions. Yondo allows you to do this in a number of ways, tapping customer data, store analytics and CRM integrations to drive your decisions. Here are some of the tools you’ll be able to use in Yondo:
- Custom Checkout Fields – You can create custom checkout fields that will gather specific types of information when someone checks out. This allows you to gather information about your users for segmentation, ask specific questions before a group training, or ensure you have the basic information needed for your 1-to-1 sessions. This information can also be exported later through the customer data section. Here is our guide to help you set this up.
- Customer Data Access – The information for every customer who purchases through the Yondo system is stored in a central database. This means you can pull the data at any time and see the information they provided during checkout – the amount of their purchase, the sessions they’ve booked with you, the videos they’ve rented and the custom fields they filled out. All data can be exported as a .csv for later reference. This is how you can view our customer information.
- View Revenue Reports – Yondo offers detailed transaction history so you can review your revenue reports. This is available through the Store Management interface at any time and includes data on the 1-to-1 bookings, group class seats sold, and Video on Demand access purchased by your users.
The goal of Yondo is to ensure you have the information needed to make smart marketing decisions as you grow your online fitness training business. The tools listed above are designed to do just that.
Read our blog post on the 5 Secrets to Getting Personal Training Clients with Video on Demand and follow our blog for more updates and tips that you can immediately start using in your business.